- Communicate with your child – Ask your child about their new classes, their new teachers and their new friends. Always encourage open communication about their days.
- Talk to your child’s new teachers – Us teachers love to talk and will be more than happy to communicate with you about your child and the new class they will be moving in to.
- Arrange play dates with children moving to the same classes – These can ease the transitioning period by ensuring your child has good friends who they comfortable with in their class with them.
- Adjust your schedule at home –
- Don’t panic! – Remember not to worry, it may take a couple of weeks for your child to settle into their new class but it will be worth it and they’ll soon be ready to start hitting some new milestones.
- The most important suggestion we have for parents starting a child in our classroom is to say a quick, confident goodbye.
~ Ms. Jodie
Head of Foundation Stage
Hummingbird Pre-School, DIFC